Candidates for Board of Directors and candidates for IALHA Officers have completed their candidate statements. You can read more about these volunteers by clicking below.
To vote, you must be a Full Member by August 1. All who were members by August 1 will receive a ballot. .
Please refer to the IALHA Bylaws for further description of the responsibilities and eligibility requirements of each elected position. A copy of the Bylaws can be accessed on Governance Tab or by e-mailing the Elections Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org . To be eligible to vote in the election, members must have their Full Membership completely processed by 5 pm, Eastern, on August 1, 2012. Processing of membership can take up to two weeks. Individuals are responsible for submitting their membership materials with sufficient time to allow for processing for candidate eligibility and voting privileges.
Learn about the role and responsibilities of the IALHA Board of Directors.
Only one ballot will be mailed per voting member. The IALHA is not responsible for election materials once they have been mailed. No duplicate ballots will be sent under any circumstances. Please double check the accuracy of your mailing address in the online Membership Directory available through the Members Only website, as this is the information that appears in our database for you.
The following dates apply to the 2012 Election:
· June 1: Eligibility requirements must be met.
· June 1 – July 1: Nomination Period
· July 15: Eligibility verified by IALHA Registry and Membership Offices and Treasurer; acceptance forms distributed.
· August 1: To be eligible to vote, members must have their Full Membership processed by 5 pm, Eastern. All Candidate Acceptance Forms and Candidate Statements must be uploaded by Midnight, Eastern.
· August 1 – 7: Candidates review and correct errors on acceptance forms and statements.
· August 15: Ballot materials sent to the printer.
· September 1: Ballot materials produced and mailed to all Full members, using mailing address o n file with the Membership Office as of August 1 (see voter eligibility, above). Candidate Statements are loaded to the www.ialha.org website.
· October 12, by close of business: Ballots must be received by the Independent Accounting Firm that is hired to collect ballots and tally results.
· October 21: Results announced at Annual Member Meeting in Fort Worth, TX
These details are courtesy of the IALHA Elections Committee, procedures approved by the IALHA Board of Directors.